Monday 12 July 2010

Favourites so far.

Although Indigo has happily tried anything we've put in front of her up till now, I have identified two foods she seems to particularly enjoy: Tomato and natural yoghurt. Not sure she could have quite picked anything more messy. Tomatoes can have any shape, so far we have tried quatered cherry tomatoes, sliced beef tomatoes, tomatoes roasted  in olive oil and balsamic vinegar, tomato soup and homemade tomato pasta sauce - she loves them all. She can suck the seeds out of raw tomatoes and slurp the more runny tomato dishes of a pre-loaded spoon. I often have natural yoghurt for breakfast with muesli and some fruit, so I just dipped her spoon (one of them soft tipped weaning spoons) in my yoghurt and passed it to her. Granted, most of the yoghurt gets used as face paint, but some is getting in and as she is getting better at handling the spoon I have been able to put a bit more yoghurt on it. Beware though, yoghurt burps smell really bad!

Indigo after eating pasta with tomato sauce (left, obviously), and enjoying some yoghurt.

 












Note about pre-loaded spoons: I have found that it is best to make sure she doesn't hold the spoon too far down the handle, or she ends up accidently shoving it quite far down her throat. Although it doesn't seem to hurt her when this happens, it's a sure trigger for some 'quality' gagging. I also always make sure to have two spoons at the ready when offering foods on the spoon, as it saves me constantly having to pick it up off the floor... call me lazy if you want!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sussi, great blog! Thanks for your message we are pleased to link to your site as a blog wiorth reading when starting out on BLW. Good luck and we hope you enjoy the experience as much as we have! Love Yummity! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Thanks for that! We are already having a ball with the weaning process, it's so much fun! I have added a link to your site too.

    Sussi x

    ReplyDelete